Banana Chocolate Muffins:
1 cup flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
pinch of salt
5 tablespoons butter at room temperature
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs
2 ripe bananas- mashed
Preheat oven to 325 degrees
Beat on slow speed: flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and butter
Slowly pour in milk while beating
Add eggs and continue beating
Stir in mashed bananas by hand
Bake for 25-35 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean
For the chocolate frosting, truth be told I completely make it up as I go. It's not exactly a good thing because I never know the exact measurements and if it's really good, I can't duplicate it. (which just happened) The following is my guesstimate of what measurements I put in:
1 1/4 cup powdered sugar (sifted)
1/4 cup Hershey's Special Dark cocoa
5 tablespoons butter at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon milk
Beat on high speed powdered sugar, cocoa and butter
Add vanilla and milk
Continue beating until well incorporated
If the frosting is too wet, gradually add powdered sugar until it becomes the consistency you desire.
If the frosting is too dry, gradually add milk- but not too much as it can become too wet very quickly.
These muffins are a perfect after dinner treat and go really well with coffee, espresso or Earl Gray tea. Enjoy!



No comments:
Post a Comment