Well by now you would think we would be settled into our new role as parents and as a family of three, but truth be told, I'm not quite there yet. I am loving being a mom to my little Rowan and am so lucky I get to be with him all day. There are days though when I question if I'm a good mother, am I taking good enough care of him, does he have enough stimulation and tummy time during the day, is he thriving, is he happy and the list goes on. I do know though that when I have these thoughts, I just need to step back and see the big picture. He seems like a happy baby, I get lots of giggles and smiles throughout the day and he's strong and healthy. All I can do is make sure he is getting lots of love and take care of him the best I know how. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think I'm the only new mother with these thoughts running through their head! (I hope!)
I feel that there is so much pressure with us new moms and how we raise our babies. Every baby grows at a different rate, I don't think it's fair to the moms and babies to compare one another. I think the end result is really what matters!
No comments:
Post a Comment