Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Top 5 Cook Books:

If you know me, I love to cook and bake. I can thank my mom for that, coming home to the smell of food cooking is so wonderful. These are a compilation of my top five favorite cookbooks that have truly shaped my baking and cooking tastes.

1. I Love Macarons: It took me about four months (literally) to figure out how to make the perfect macaron. It was such a long process but so fun to experiment and get it right. I finally found this book, and it describes each step so perfectly. I've never made a so-so macaron since! 
2. The Homesick Texan Cookbook: I really love Texas and the food that goes along with it. This book has so many delicious, mouth-watering recipes. My favorite is the sour cream chicken enchiladas, I craved this throughout my pregnancy, it is so good. Even thinking about it is making me hungry!
3. Quick and Easy Thai: I traveled to Thailand when I was in high school and have had this cookbook since then. The recipes in this book are very true to the food and culture and really are quick and easy to make! The Chicken Fried Rice is a favorite around here.
4. Barefoot Contessa at Home: If I could only choose one cookbook to have forever, this would be the one. Everything in here is so wonderful and delicious. I'm a big Ina Garten fan and so wish I knew her and could visit her kitchen!
5. Betty Crocker's Picture Cook Book: My Grandma cooked out of this one and the memories it invokes are pretty special. All of the origin stories that go along with the recipes are fun to read and this is the perfect cookbook for homestyle, comfort food. I posted a favorite recipe from this cookbook here.

Any great cookbooks out there that are your favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment