It’s well known that I am a big fan of Ina Garten. Her recipes are my go to when I need a dish that will turn out just right and not taste like an ingredient is missing (which I notice quite a bit especially in restaurants or bake shops that come out with a cookbook). This recipe for crumble bars is quick, easy and most likely you already have everything you need in your kitchen cabinets! A few ingredients I substituted since we didn’t have exactly what the recipe called for, but it turned out great!
Crumble Bars Recipe:
2 sticks unsalted butter at room temperature (I always use salted)
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 1/3 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
10-12 ounces raspberry jam (I used strawberry because we were out and it tasted just as good!)
2/3 cup granola without dried fruit (I used oatmeal)
1/4 cup sliced almonds (optional)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
Mix butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, mix on medium speed just until combined. Add vanilla with the mixer on low.
Sift flour and salt together, add to the butter mixture with the mixer on low. Mix until it almost comes together in a ball.
Spread out evenly two-thirds of the dough in a square 9” pan, going 1/4” up the sides. Spread the jam evenly over the dough. Mix the granola with the remaining dough and sprinkle on top of the jam. Sprinkle the almonds on top and bake for 45 minutes until lightly browned.
The bars pair great for an evening snack with decaf or even as breakfast! We loved them and they were so quick to make!

No comments:
Post a Comment